You know what's my favorite part about New Year’s Eve? Not only is it a time that you are supposed to wear all the sparkly and glittery things that you own, but I get to stay up waaay later than I usually would. Plus its an opportunity for a fun DIY!
This year, I want to ring the New Year in with style, so what better way to do it than with a glitter crown? Check out this simple DIY and feel like royalty at the end of 2015 and going into 2016 What You’ll Need:
- Construction Paper
- White glue
- Elastic string or ribbon
- Hole punch
- Glue brush
- Begin by folding your construction paper in half and cutting along the crease. Next, measure the length of your construction paper to 8.5’’ across, and cut off the access. Your paper should now measure 8.5’’ x 4.25’’.
- Next, using a ruler and pencil to roughly sketch out little triangles across the top of your paper. Try and make sure that each triangle is about the same size, when measured diagonally, your triangles should meet approximately 2’’ down to the point.
- Once you have completed your outline, use your scissors to cut along the lines that you drew.
- Next, add some white glue along the edge of your paper. Bring both ends of the cardboard together to form a circle and hold for a couple minutes until the glue sets. Your cardboard should now start to look like a little crown.
- Once your glue is dry, use your hole punch to punch a hole at the bottom edge of the crown. Punch another hole on the direct opposite side of the hole.
- Next, begin to paint the outside of your crown with glue. It’s best to add some glue to a section, and then sprinkle glitter over the glue, one part at a time. Continue until your crown is completely covered in glue.
- Once your crown is covered in glitter, let it sit for an hour to make sure the glue is dried completely. If there are any spots without glitter, just add some more glue and sprinkle extra glitter on to make sure your crown is completely covered.
- Lastly, measure a piece of elastic string around your head so that it sits comfortably but won’t move out of place. Thread the string through the 2 holes in your crown and knot the string together.
And voila! There you have it! A perfect sparkly crown to help ring in the New Year!
Caution: wearing this crown may result in glitter all over your hair, face and hands but that just adds to the fun, right!?
My New Year’s resolution is to focus on what I love and what makes me happy, more craft projects!
Wishing you a very Happy New Year from the whole Style Me Up Team!
ABOUT SAFFY CAKES
Hey guys, I’m Saffy! Obsessed with fashion and DIY projects in general. My friends call me “Cakes” because I’m a huge lover of layering; it’s my favorite thing ever. Aspiring fashion editor studying Arts and Design while interning for Style Me Up. Trendsetter all about mixing colors, textures and styles to create pretty things. Fashion should be fun, so be you and experiment! Runway, driveway, hallway are the same to me. My daily mission is to make the best out of every outfit. I want to share all my favorite things with you!